New Mexico Coalition for Healthcare Value is an employer-led, multi-stakeholder, nonprofit group.
It is the positive result and fruition of the work of the New Mexico Coalition for Healthcare Quality, an initiative funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Aligning Forces for Quality (AF4Q) and HealthInsight New Mexico that has operated in Albuquerque and surrounding three counties.
"We have evolved from a nationally funded grant program to one that is financed and operated by those who pay for care, provide care and receive care. We’ve made this leap through member acknowledgement of past achievements, from working together as a collaborative group, and we now share a vision for future success because of those collaborative efforts," Mark Saiz, the newly elected chair of New Mexico Coalition for Healthcare Value, said.
"As members of the NM Coalition for Healthcare Quality, we worked together, learned important lessons and built a community of trust. The New Mexico Coalition for Healthcare Value, our new partnership, is ready to tackle our overall goals of better health, better care, transparency and healthcare cost reform for all New Mexicans," Saiz said.
Saiz said New Mexico Coalition for Healthcare Value is extending an open invitation to other employers, clinicians, health plans, and community resources to join and get involved in helping reach its goals.
Founding organization members and their representatives include:
- Albuquerque Public Schools, Vera Dallas;
- Bernalillo County, Chuck Griffith;
- City of Albuquerque, Mark Saiz;
- HealthInsight New Mexico, Margy Wienbar;
- New Mexico Health Connections, Kiko Torres MD;
- New Mexico Retiree Healthcare Authority; Mark Tyndall;
- PNM Resources, Greg Lucero;
- Presbyterian Health Plan, Ron Parton MD;
- Presbyterian Medical Services, Steve Hanson;
- Sandia National Laboratories, Mary Romero- Hart.